The importance of company secretary course has been increase with introduction of companies act, 2013. Company secretary has been considered as key managerial personnel according to the act. Company secretary work is not limited with compliance of company act but he can handle many laws like service tax, labour laws etc. You can also join the course and give KICK to your career.
You can join company secretary course after 12th or graduation/post graduation. Professional like CA, CMA, CWA can also join the course with some relaxation in subjects.
Stages of course:
- Foundation course (For who join the course after 12th)
- Executive Programme (for who join after graduation or CA/CMA)
- Professional Programme (can be joined after executive programme)
Last date for filling form is 31st march for the December exam.
Last date for filling form is 30th September for June exam.
Last date for filling form is 28th February for appearing in both modules in December exam in same year.
For appearing in one module in December exam, it is 31st May.
Last date for filling form is 31st August for appearing in both modules in June exam in next year.
For appearing in one module in June exam next year, it is 30 November.
Subjects of CS course:
- Business environment and Entrepreneurship.
- Business management, ethics and communication.
- Business economics
- Fundamentals of accounting and auditing
- Company law
- Cost and management accounting
- Economics and commercial laws
- Tax laws and practice
- Company accounts and auditing
- Capital market and security laws
- Industrial, labour and general laws
- Advance Company law and practice
- Secretarial audit, compliance and due dilligence
- Corporate restructuring, valuation and Insolvency
- Information technology and system audit.
- Financing, treasury and forex management
- Ethics,governance and sustainability.
- Advance tax laws and practice
- Drafting, appearances and pleading
- choose 1 out of 5 subjects.
- Banking law and practice
- Capital, commodity and money market
- Insurace law and practice
- Intellectual property rights -law and practice
- International business -law and practice
Fees for courses:
Foundation: Rs. 4500
Rs. 9000 for the students who has passed commerce graduation/CPT-CA or Foundation course of ICWAI.
Rs. 10000 for non commerce students
Rs. 8500 for CS foundation passed students
CS professional programme – Rs. 12000
Foundation programme- Rs. 1200
Executive and professional programme- Rs. 1200 for each module
Dates of filling examination form:
25th March for June exam.
25th September for December exam.
Medium of examination:
English or Hindi
Minimum 40% in each subject and 50% marks in aggregate of all subjects.
Practical programme which have to attended by students:
Before executive programme:
7 Days SIP programme
70 hours compulsory computer training programme
After Executive programme but before practical training
8 Days executive development programme
After executive programme and during practical training
25 hours professional development training programme
15 months training at CS office
After professional programme
15 days management training and 15 days training in specialized agency.
After passing in professional exam and all training , you will be honored with company secretary degree.
Scope of company secretary :
You can start your own practice or you can join any company.
You can get job at bank, financial institute, private companies, consulting firms.You can assign as general manager, secretary or senior executive. With your skills, you can rich as managing director or chairman. You can also get job at foreign as in UK, USA and many countries, there is huge demand of company secretary. You can earn 3 to 5 lacks per annum depends on your skills.
Company law, labour law, taxation matters, company set up, compliance of company laws.
Always remember that you have to stay updated to stay ahead in the field. This is not requirement of company secretary course but for other courses too.
You may like our other article
If you have any query for CS course, ask in comment section. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends.